Professional Carpet Cleaning Macomb 48042, Rochester 48307 MI: 12 Insider Tips to Keep Your Carpet Looking Great Between Cleanings
Liberty Services of America, Inc. provides professional Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, and Oriental and Area Rug Cleaning services throughout Macomb County, Oakland County, and the Grosse Pointes MI. Residential and Commercial. Call 586-294-3111 today to schedule an appointment to make your home cleaner and healthier!
Suppose Liberty Services of America, Inc. has recently cleaned your carpet and it is once again clean, fresh, soft, and fluffy. All the spots that have been bothering you for the past few months are now gone. Now the question, is how do you keep it that way? Here are a few tips you can use year round to help keep your carpet looking as fresh and clean as the day we professionally cleaned it.
1. Vacuum, Vacuum, Vacuum. As a general rule, vacuum traffic areas 3 to 5 times per week. This will prevent dirt from settling into the carpet. Walking on dirt and grit that has settled to the base of the fibers causes an abrasive action, which results in the appearance of traffic lanes and worn areas.
2. Clean up spills immediately, before they become permanent stains. You may refer to our spotting guide online, which can be found at www.liberty-services.com. This will provide you with directions on how to proceed in removing spills. You may also call us at 586-294-3111 and we will give you assistance on how to properly remove the spill.
3. Have your carpet professionally cleaned on a regular basis. Carpets should be cleaned every 6-12 months depending on the amount of “traffic” in the house. (i.e. kids, pets, shoes, etc.) Clean high traffic areas about twice as often as other areas.
4. Reapply Scotchgard Carpet Protector each time the carpet is cleaned to keep stains from setting in and the soil from grinding in. More information about Scotchgardâ can be found on our website.
5. Place walk-off mats inside and outside every entrance to your home.
6. Place mats or bound remnants on top of the carpet at high wear areas, such as in front of the sofa or chairs and entry/exit points from the carpet.
7. Placing smooth plastic chair mats under chairs in front of desks may help to prevent carpet delamination and wear.
8. Remove your shoes when you enter your home.
9. Control the circulation and disposal of food and drink through the home.
10. Use a powerful upright vacuum with a beater brush and excellent HEPA filtration system for carpets. Be sure to change the disposable bag often to ensure efficient operation.
11. Take your vacuum in for a checkup at the vacuum repair shop annually to keep it operating at peak performance.
12. Have your air ducts cleaned and also clean or change your furnace filter to keep your indoor air quality clean.
So there you have 12 tips to prolong the life and beauty of your carpet investment. If we can be of assistance or to schedule your next appointment, call Liberty Services of America at 586-294-3111.
Our office is located at 34090 James J Pompo Dr., Fraser, MI 48026.