Liberty Services of America, Inc. dba Spider Man Pest Control 586-294-3111 provides professional pest control and extermination services in Macomb County, eastern Oakland County, the Grosse Pointes, and up the coast to Algonac and Harsens Island in St. Clair County.
For health and comfort reasons, it is advisable to take precautions against mosquitoes:
- Limit outdoor activities, wear pants and long sleeves and use repellent from dusk to dawn, when mosquitoes are most active.
- Areas of standing water, such as buckets, flowerpots, barrels, tire swings, fire pits, wheelbarrows and kiddie pools/toys, should be kept empty when not being used to prevent mosquitoes from laying eggs. Change the water regularly in pet dishes and bird baths, and keep gutters free of standing water.
- Place tight lids on containers used for water storage so mosquitoes can't get inside to lay eggs.
- Keep window and door screens in good repair to prevent mosquitoes from entering buildings.
- Irrigation: Water right over the plant; don't overspray. That can produce standing water.
- Ponds and water fixtures: Install a pump to keep the water moving. As ponds get larger, however, pumps are not as effective. Get fish that will eat mosquito larvae.
- Remove tarps or stretch them tight.
- Team up with your neighbors to police areas that could affect each other's property.
(Article resources: The Macomb Daily; Dean Fosdick; Jameson Cook)
Our office is located at 34090 James J Pompo Dr., Fraser, MI 48026.
Visit our website at www.liberty-services.com to request a free copy of the Consumer's Guide to Pest Control.