Emergency Water Damage Services in St. Clair Shores MI 48081, Fraser 48026, Clinton Twp 48035: Sewage Back‐ups
Liberty Services of America, Inc. dba Guaranteed Dry Guys 586-294-3111 is a provider of 24-hr. water damage restoration services throughout Macomb County, the Grosse Pointes, and eastern Oakland County. After regular business hours CALL 586-872-3112.
Warning! Don't call any restoration company until you've read this free Consumer Awareness and Emergency Planning Guide. You will discover 7 Important Things Everyone Should Know In A Water Damage Emergency.
Sewage is one of the most dangerous substances to enter homes or buildings. It contains fungi, bacteria and viruses, many of which are disease‐causing. Unfortunately, many people fail to understand the hazards that sewage presents, particularly for the very young or very old, or for those with compromised immune systems or respiratory problems.
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) guideline for professional sewage clean‐up is called the Standard for Water Damage Restoration (S500). Here are the key principles homeowners should know about sewage backups:
1. Sewage contains a variety of pathogenic – disease causing – fungi, bacteria, viruses and parasites. Anyone who works on sewage losses must have updated vaccinations, including one for Hepatitis B.
2. Sewage exposure is particularly dangerous for people with weakened immune systems, including anyone under two or over 60, those who are pregnant, ill, recovering from surgery, on prescription drugs or chemotherapy.
3. It is not safe to stay in a building that’s flooded with sewage unless the contaminated area can be completely sealed off and placed under controlled air flow so that there will be no cross contamination of unaffected areas.
4. Highly absorbent sewage‐saturated materials, such as carpet, pad, upholstery, bedding, wicker, paper or even fabrics that can’t be washed in hot water (130°F/54°C) for at least 10 minutes, must be contained and disposed of properly. This goes for sewage‐saturated drywall, insulation and several other structural materials too. There’s simply too great a health risk involved if any of these materials are dried in place and cleaned only.
5. Only the most highly trained professionals should attempt sewage remediation work. Then, a “third party” indoor environmental professional can provide post‐remediation verification or “clearance testing” to ensure that the home or building is safe to re‐occupy.
When water damage occurs or you need water restoration services,
Call the professionals at Liberty Services of America, Inc. dba Guaranteed Dry Guys , 586-294-3111.
After regular business hours CALL 586-872-3112.
Located at: 34090 James J. Pompo Dr, Fraser, MI 48026.
Please visit our website at www.liberty-services.com to learn what other services we offer including carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning.